February 1, 1979
FOR: The Safety Engineer, Wheels Automotive Corporation
In connection with your instruction to the undersigned to suggest a procedure of operation for a god Preventive Maintenance Program, please consider the following proposals:
1. All foundations, columns, girders, walls, etc. must be inspected every year for cracks.
2. All roofs must be inspected every six months for defects.
3. Floors must be inspected for defects every three months.
4. Drinking water systems, toilets and wash bowls must be checked daily.
5. Pipes for heat and low pressure steam must be inspected monthly.
6. High pressure steam pipes must be inspected weekly.
7. Pipes for oil and water must be checked every three months.
8. All electric wirings must be inspected every three months.
9. Pressure tanks, ventilation, exhausters and blowers must be inspected weekly.
10. Cranes, elevators, conveyors, lifting devices, hoists, crane runways, slings, ovens, furnaces, electric welders, grinders and tools must be checked every month.
If these are implemented and complied with, minor defects can be corrected immediately to prevent the need for major repairs while renewals may be made before equipment breaks down.
Mechanical Engineer I